To receive the full range of benefits from the Professional Communication Society, consider joining as a full IEEE member or an Affiliate member. As a full IEEE member, you receive an extensive benefits package in addition to the PCS membership. Affiliate members become members of just the Professional Communication Society—perfect for professionals whose broad technical interests are in areas other than those of the IEEE.
PCS Member Benefits
PCS members receive the following:
- IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication — a quarterly refereed journal.
- Training Podcasts — experts offering timely, useful lessons on communicating effectively
- Lower rate for the annual International Professional Communication Conference (ProComm)
IEEE members receive an extensive benefits package. Membership in the Professional Communication Society is open to all IEEE members.
The IEEE membership application can be used to apply for full Institute membership as well as Professional Communication Society membership (see instructions below for completing your membership application).
Professionals whose broad technical interests are in areas other than those of the IEEE but which are focused on the activities of our Society may join as Affiliates. The Affiliate receives only the services of the Society rather than those of the IEEE as a whole. For example, Affiliates do not receive IEEE Spectrum magazine and are not eligible to participate in the IEEE Financial Advantage Program. Affiliates do receive the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication and the PCS Newsletter.
Another advantage to Affiliates is the discount on our annual International Professional Communication Conference (ProComm). Affiliate dues are US$106 annually, which covers $31 society fee plus the $75 that IEEE charges. Membership year begins on 1 January and expires on 31 December. After 15 August, only full-year membership is available for the next calendar year. After 28 February, only half-year membership is available for the initial year. To obtain more information, email Suguru Ishizaki.
How to Join ProComm (as a Professional)
Next, search for IEEE Professional Communication Society.
This should lead to the results below:
Select IEEE Professional Communication Society membership, and you’ll see the membership added to the cart.
At this stage, you can choose to join as an Affiliate member or Full member. To join as a full member, select option to add IEEE membership, and identify your country and region. Add items to the cart, and it will lead you to make an account (or login if existing) and take you through the checkout process.
How to Join ProComm as a Student Member
To join ProComm as a student member, start on this page instead. Select “Join as a student.”
When through the registration process, search for IEEE Professional Communication Society, add to your order, and check out.
- FTE Job posting: Cornell University, engineering/professional communication11 February 2024
- IEEE WIE Family Cares Grant01 February 2024
- Job posting for the faculty position Assistant Professor, Graduate Communication in Engineering25 January 2024
- Antenarratives to the Single Story: Tham Interview23 January 2024
- ChatGPT, LLMs, and Teaching18 January 2024
- Dec 2023 Transactions Available19 December 2023
- Award Nominations Open until Jan 19, 202419 December 2023
- Terms of Service: An Interview with Rachael Jordan, the 2023 Hayhoe Award winner04 December 2023