To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
- Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
- Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace–both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
- Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and,
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Field of Interest
The Professional Communication Society’s interests include the study, preparation, production, delivery, use, improvement, and promotion of human communication in all media in engineering and other technical and professional environments.
- Engineering Inspiration: Helping engineers (and engineering students) ease quickly to new fields10 March 2020
- Volume 63, Number 1, March 2020 of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication Now Available!03 March 2020
- Technical Communication Faculty and Program Coordinator Position at Virginia Tech14 February 2020
- The December 2019 Issue of Transactions is out!04 December 2019
- Engineering by PowerPoint18 November 2019
- Award Nominations 202021 October 2019
- Call for Papers: Accessibility and Professional Communication18 October 2019
- ProComm 2020 Call for Proposals15 October 2019
- Call for Proposals: The University of Strasbourg Symposium on Usability and Design07 October 2019
- September 2019 Issue of the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication08 September 2019