To become the leading IEEE authority on professional, scientific, engineering, and technical communication, content development, information design, and usability, as well as their potential social impacts.
To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
- Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
- Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace–both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
- Demonstrate how communication can be audience-focused, accessible, ethical, diverse, and inclusive;
- Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and,
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Our Field of Interest:
The Professional Communication Society’s interests include the study, preparation, production, delivery, use, improvement, and promotion of human communication in all media in engineering and other technical and professional environments.
- Terms of Service: An Interview with Rachael Jordan, the 2023 Hayhoe Award winner04 December 2023
- ProComm 2024 Welcomes Industry and Academia Alike!27 November 2023
- Voting for BoG (24-26) starts Nov 1st – December 1st, 202301 November 2023
- Candidates on Slate for 2024-2026 Board of Governors06 October 2023
- Call for Board of Governors (BoG) Nominations 202318 September 2023
- The September 2023 issue of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available12 September 2023
- The June 2023 issue of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available10 June 2023
- The March 2023 issue of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available08 March 2023
- Call for Proposals for Special Issue for IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication (September 2024)23 January 2023
- The Risks and Benefits of Chat GPT 19 January 2023