To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
- Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
- Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace–both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
- Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and,
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Field of Interest
The Professional Communication Society’s interests include the study, preparation, production, delivery, use, improvement, and promotion of human communication in all media in engineering and other technical and professional environments.
- Assistant Professor, Design and Social Justice, Mount Royal University02 May 2022
- Call for Nominations: Wiley-IEEE Press08 April 2022
- IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication seeks an Associate Editor for Abstract Translations05 April 2022
- Information Design Position at Mount Royal University01 April 2022
- Free Access to IEEE Transactions Special Issue on Social Justice17 March 2022
- Cornell University’s Engineering Communications Program is hiring!27 January 2022
- Candidates on Slate for 2022-2024 Board of Governors02 January 2022
- Obituary: Richard M. Robinson13 December 2021
- The December 2021 of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available02 December 2021
- P/T Digital Content Curator and Web Developer20 October 2021