To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
- Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
- Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace–both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
- Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and,
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Field of Interest
The Professional Communication Society’s interests include the study, preparation, production, delivery, use, improvement, and promotion of human communication in all media in engineering and other technical and professional environments.
- The September 2020 of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available15 September 2020
- Candidates on Slate for 2021-2023 Board of Governors01 September 2020
- IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication Special Issue on Enacting Social Justice in Technical and Professional Communication12 August 2020
- Award Nominations 202111 August 2020
- Call for Board of Governors (BoG) Nominations 202004 August 2020
- Plain Language in the Sciences06 July 2020
- Finding your Voice and Verbs in Engineering02 July 2020
- Cognitive Biases in Technical Communication02 July 2020
- ProComm 2020 is going online!14 June 2020
- RFP for Guest Editorship: Special Issue on Enacting Social Justice in Professional Communication12 June 2020