To foster a community dedicated to understanding and promoting effective communication in engineering, scientific, and other technical environments.
To this end, the IEEE Professional Communication Society endeavors to:
- Advance technical and scientific communication as an essential element of engineering;
- Help engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals to communicate better in the workplace–both in speaking and in writing, both verbally and nonverbally;
- Promote and disseminate best practices and research results on the development, maintenance, delivery, and management of technical content; and,
- Promote and facilitate leading-edge education and training of engineers, scientists, and other technically oriented professionals in communication theory and practice.
Field of Interest
The Professional Communication Society’s interests include the study, preparation, production, delivery, use, improvement, and promotion of human communication in all media in engineering and other technical and professional environments.
- Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream – CLTA – Graduate Communication in Engineering01 March 2021
- Managing communication in large-scale projects28 February 2021
- Call for Editorial Board Members – Technical Communication Youtube Channel19 February 2021
- How communication in industry differs from academia13 February 2021
- PROSPER 2021 | An Initiative of IEEE ProComm Young Professionals28 January 2021
- Communication is negotiation26 January 2021
- Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream – Engineering Communication, University of Toronto15 January 2021
- #InclusiveTPC: A Statement from Journal Editors in the Field14 January 2021
- Engineering Communications (temp) Lecturer, Cornell University20 December 2020
- Managing Q&A for Maximizing Engagement in Remote Environments14 December 2020