Employers, whether in business, government, or academia, want engineers who are comfortable communicating their ideas, methods, research, and projects to any audience with professionalism and effectiveness.
When it comes to being an excellent communicator, there are many different and useful resources you can use to make sure you’re getting your information across to your audience in the best way possible. In this portion of the IEEE PCS site, we will be curating and commenting on some of those resources, and developing some of our own original content providing instruction on professional and engineering communication.
You can use the links on the left to learn the fundamental principles of communication, and raise your skills to the next level. And if you have any specific requests for information or resources, please let us know.
- ProComm 2024 Welcomes Industry and Academia Alike!
- Voting for BoG (24-26) starts Nov 1st – December 1st, 2023
- The September 2023 issue of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available
- The June 2023 issue of IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication is Now Available
- The Risks and Benefits of Chat GPT
- Effective Communication for Engineers
- Back to Basics: What Can Aristotle Teach Us About Modern Communication?
- Featured Article: “Trajectories in Turmoil: A Case Study of Engineering Students’ Reactions to Disruptions in their Community of Practice”