The University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor and Director of the Professional and Technical Writing Program (PTW) to start August 2019.
The mission of the PTW program is to prepare students to participate critically and ethically in professional and technical communication upon graduation. To that end, the PTW curriculum offers courses in critical theory, professional and technical communication, design, and user experience to help students gain:
- a theoretical understanding of professional and technical communication and user experience
- professional and practical skills within the field (e.g., common genres and deliverables, audience and user research, written and visual communication, technical
- writing and editing, project management, print and web design, usability testing)
- an understanding of the ethical concerns, responsibilities, and dimensions of the field
- technological and visual literacy skills (e.g., design, prototyping, editing, and content management applications)
- the ability to work critically and collaboratively to complete projects.
The successful candidate will be dynamic and energetic with strong teaching, administrative, and interpersonal skills and an active research agenda. Read more about the posting here.