Published on June 4, 2017
We are happy to announce that registration for SIGDOC ’17 — the ACM SIGDOC 2017 annual conference — is now open! To register for the conference go to
SIGDOC ’17 will be held at Dalhousie University and the Atlantica Hotel in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia on August 11-13, 2017, and more information on the conference can be found online at https://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2017/.
In addition to a full slate of excellent panels, the conference will also feature:
- Keynote addresses from Karel Vredenburg, Director, IBM Design, and Dr. Karen Schriver, President of KSA Communication Design & Research and winner of SIGDOC’s 2017 Rigo Award
- Workshops on Social Media and Data Mining for Communication Research, Content Auditing, and Data Communication
- SIGDOC Research Network, which hosts roundtable discussions inviting conference participants to share their research-in-progress in a supportive setting with colleagues from academia and industry
- Academia/Industry Workshop and Lunch on Preparing Students to be Leaders and Innovators in Technical Communication
- Microsoft Student Research Competition featuring research presentations from undergraduate and graduate researchers in the field
- Women in Technical Communication breakfast
- Moonlight Harbour Hopper tour of Halifax on the evening of Saturday, August 12
ACM SIGDOC is the Special Interest Group for the Design of Communication. We specialize in the research, best practice, and teaching of usability, user experience, design, and technical communication. (See https://sigdoc.acm.org/)
Please join us for SIGDOC 2017! We look forward to seeing you at this exciting conference in beautiful Halifax!
Chair, ACM SIGDOC