From Pittsburgh International Airport to Your Hotel via Public Bus
Take the 28X Airport Flyer bus.
Time: 45 minutes
Sunday bus schedule to Wyndham via Google Maps
Sunday bus schedule to Hilton via Google Maps
Walking from Hilton to CMU University Center
Walking directions from Hilton Garden Inn via Google Maps
Start: Hilton Garden Inn
1. Head northeast on Forbes Ave toward McKee Pl
2. Keep walking for 1.1 miles
End: CMU University Center
Walking from Wyndham to CMU University Center
Walking directions from Wyndham via Google Maps
1. Head southeast on Lytton Ave toward 5th Ave
2. Turn right on 5th Ave
3. Turn left on Schenley Dr
4. Turn left onto Forbes Ave
5. Stay on Forbes Ave for .6 miles
End: CMU University Center
If you’re driving to our Pittsburgh campus, get directions via Google Maps.
Parking (East Campus Parking Garage)
The easiest place to park on campus is the East Campus Parking Garage off of Forbes Avenue, a pay-as-you-park facility.
The East Campus Parking Garage main vehicle entrance is just past the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Morewood Avenue on the west end of the building, closest to the University Center and Gesling Stadium.
A secondary entrance is located at the traffic light off the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Beeler Street, near the soccer fields on the north side of the building. While the north entrance becomes exit only after 4:30 p.m., both entrances lead to the same parking area, and you can enter and exit through the main entrance 24 hours a day.
Additional parking is available in other locations throughout campus. For complete details, see the campus map.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus. For more information, please visit FlyPittsburgh or call 412-472-3525.
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport, there are several transportation options to bring you to campus or to your hotel:
- Taxi Service. The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $40-$45, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs outside of the airport, but if you need to call for a cab, call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
- Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport. For more information, including a list of car rental agencies and phone numbers, please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer bus stops in the heart of the Carnegie Mellon campus and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip costs $3.75. For more information about schedules and rates, please visit the official PAT website or call 412-442-2000.
- Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826.
- Hotel Shuttle Service. Because many hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then on to Carnegie Mellon, please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations. Please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website for further contact information.
The Greyhound Lines bus terminal is located less than 8 miles from campus in downtown Pittsburgh. For a detailed transportation schedule, call Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222. The Pittsburgh station is located at 55 11th Street and can be reached at 412-392-6513.
The Amtrak Train Station-Pittsburgh is located at 1100 Liberty Avenue, less than 5 miles from campus. For information on rates and schedules, call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245.